Interlux 404/14Q Epoxy Primekote
Interlux Brightside Pre-Kote Primer
Before applying a topside enamel; begin the job right with Pre-Kote One-Part Primer.
Pre-Kote* is VOC compliant; one-part undercoater formulated for use with Toplac®; Brightside® Polyurethane or any one-part topside enamel. Pre-Kote contains microspheres which help you to attain the necesary build and also improve sandability. Pre-Kote replaces Brightside Primer and 279 White Undercoater.
- Contains microspheres which give Pre-Kote a superior build
- VOC compliant
- Can be used with any one-part topside finish
- Improves topcoat flow
- Type: One-part polyurethane with microspheres
- Finish: Matte
- Available Colors: White; Gray
- Components: 1
- Curing Mechanism: Solvent release
- Solids by Volume: 61%
- Coverage: 450sq.ft/gal.
- VOC: 330g/l
- Application Method: Brush; roller; airless or conventional spray
- Number of Coats Recommended: 1-2
- Wet Film Thickness/coat: 3.5 mils
- Dry Film Thickness/coat: 2 mils
- Application Temperature Min./Max. Range: 10°C/50°F--29°C/85°F
- Thinner: Brush: 333
Prekote® is a unique V.O.C. compliant; single package; under coater for use with Brightside® Polyurethane; Toplac; Yacht Enamels or any one-part topside finish. Microspheres are used to give Prekote® superior build and hide while improving flow and sandability. Prekote® is recommended anywhere above the true waterline where a coating is needed to provide a smooth; fair surface for overcoating with a topside enamel. Prekote® is available in both White (4279) and Gray (4280). The use of Prekote® Gray 4280 is recommended for use under dark colors. White (4279) and Gray (4280) may be blended for use under intermediate colors. Do Not Use INTERTHANE PLUS 2300 Series Polyurethane or any two-part catalyzed product over Prekote ®. Prekote must be sanded prior to overcoating with one-part topside finish. Quart